- Korean side dish ’Soy Sauce Braised Potatoes’ recipe for Vegetarian –
When you visit Korea and go to a Korean restaurant, you will be surprised by lots of side dishes. At least 10 different side dishes are waiting for you on the table! And we eat them with rice or soup. It is called ‘Banchan’ which is often translated as ‘side dishes’. They are an essential part of any Korean meal. They are not just decoration or appetizers: they are the meal, along with soup and rice.
Especially for Vegetarian, it’s the best option to try Korean food! Because there are various kinds of side dishes on the table such as meat or Namul which is stir-fried and seasoned vegetables, you can choose whatever you want to make of vegetables!
So, now here’s a recipe which is one of popular side dishes in Korea and Vegetarian or Vegan can also enjoy. This recipe is so easy that anyone can do it! :)
● Recipe of Soy Sauce Braised Potatoes
- 3 diced potatoes
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- A half of onion
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
(1) Put oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the potatoes.
(2) When the potatoes turn transparent about 1/3, put some soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil.
(3) When the potatoes turn transparent about 1/2, put the onions.
(4) Boil potatoes down with sauce until the potatoes are well seasoned.
(5) When it is done, Enjoy it with rice!